I am so honoured, my very first blogger award. Of course, this means people are actually reading this stuff and there was something to be said for thinking no one would read my drivel, it felt freeing. Then again, I also would check my blog several times a day hoping someone would leave a comment – disappointed over and over when it didn’t happen. A comment made my heart soar. So who am I kidding? I write these because I want people to read them. I don’t expect you all to love me but it sure does make my day when someone does.
The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.
This could be hard, especially since most of the blogs I read I discovered via Mommy Dearests blog and she has already given them the award. The Quirk Factor was the second blog I ever read, having linked there from MOM-NOS. I love both of their writing styles and feel a sense of camaraderie as we all raise our boys in this complex world.
After much agonizing and searching here are the seven I am awarding:
1. Gretchen’s Blog – I find myself thinking about Gretchen and her family even when I am not at the computer. She writes so openly about some of her struggles and she is so accepting of who all of her children are. I also love her comment about these mom’s who can do “everything”.
2. Kristina at From here to There and Back – a fabulous writer who’s insight into her son and what he needs is heartwarming. She is working on a book and I, for one, cannot wait to read it one day.
3. Kyra at This Mom – aside from loving to read about parenting her son Fluffy, is it geeky for me to admit that I love her candor (read: swearing)? I am always so cautious about things like that in my own life and blog, I love that she lets loose and tells it like it is.
4. Bea at Bub and Pie – for so many reasons above and beyond her writing. Partially because she is also from Southwestern Ontario, it’s nice to read and understand some one’s references so completely. Also because I admire her decorating skills! There’s also the fact that her kids sound so sweet!
5. Drama Mama at Like A Shark for dishing it like it is, keeping it real and keeping me in tears of laughter.
6. Renee at Life with My Special K’s – she has 4 young children (very cute kids), one with Leukemia and Down Syndrome, AND her husband is in the military AND she keeps up with her blog – need I say more?
7. MOM-NOS – She probably has tons of these awards but I just have to, she started this obsession for me. I learn from her thoughtful posts and sometimes what she doesn’t post teaches me just as much if not more. Her posts are thoughtful and respectful of her son and what he might not want shared with the cyber world.
If you haven’t already, head on over and check them all out. Word to the wise, make sure you have lots of time as quality posts are a plenty.
There – all done! Who knew accolades could bring on so much work.