A long time friend Pam at Easily Amused tagged me for this award, it’s been a while since I had one bestowed on me. The Honest Scrap Award Rules say that I must:
1. Brag about the award.
2. Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.
3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
Okay, 10 honest things about myself. Hmmmmmmmm. Well I am too exhausted and stressed to be deep and serious so here are some random honest things about me:
1. I don’t “try” the grapes at the grocery store. EVER. That’s stealing!!!
2. I LOVE cold apple pie. It calls to me. When I am stressed, that is what I reach for. I could eat the whole pie.
3. If I see someone bend back the spine of a book or fold down the corner or anything that “damages” it I seriously have heart palpations. Actually that goes for scrapbooking paper as well. Just ask my friends about what happened at Megascrap Meet 2008.
4. When I was 3 I ate a tub of Margarine. Yes, ALL of it. As my mother has told me many times “and it was a brand new tub too!”. Don’t ask me why I did it – maybe it was because I was the slowest eater in the world and the family left me at the table by myself and I was bored . . . . Don’t worry, it didn’t stay down long. Ewwwwww!
5. I was a tomboy as a kid. I was great at climbing trees, ran around without a shirt until I was 8 whenever I could, caught toads and almost always won in a game of dodge ball.
6. Who am I kidding? That pie referenced in #2. Yah, I have eaten a whole one. Too many times to count in my lifetime. Sigh. Hanging head in shame.
7. I have never ridden in a limo
8. I REALLY want to learn to drive stick. Then I want to learn to drive a big rig, a race car and a motorcycle. Not necessarily in that order. For real, no joke.
9. My son recently started to compulsively listen to Justin Bieber – the kid weird’s me out (Bieber, not my son). He sounds like a girl and he looks like he is 12 but he’s talking about being in love with this girl. And yet I find myself singing his songs all day and “suggesting” my son bring the CD along with us in the car, cause it helps HIM of course.
10. One time when I was a Brownie I REALLY needed to use the bathroom and the leader wouldn’t let me because we were going to do the closing song or ceremony or whatever it was called. I was the kind of kid that when I had to go, I HAD to go RIGHT away. But I was also the kind of kid that never wanted to make trouble and would never disobey. So I stood there, legs clenched, willing myself not to pee. Didn’t work. I peed and it filled my shoe (ewwwww). But no one noticed – I had on dark tights but still, how did no one notice??? I had almost left the gym when the leader yelled for us to freeze and she demanded to know who had spilled water on the floor. Earlier in the evening a bunch of girls had been spitting water at each other after drinking from the fountain. Included in those girls were two that constantly made my life a misery. Because no one confessed it was assumed they were the culprits and they were made to clean it up. Double EWWWWW. I am SOOOOO SORRY! I still feel bad about that!
There so 10 honest things that you now probably wish you didn’t know about me 🙂
And now I am supposed to bestow this award on other bloggers:
1. Longtime childhood friend and fellow blogger MundaneMomma at Moments of Clarity
2. Mommy Dearest at Quirk Factor. She might kick my ass for loading this on her but I REALLY want to see what she writes.
Happy Blogging People